Recommended for ages 18 and older, Xperimental Puppetry Theater continues to prove that puppets are not just for kids. Beer and wine will be available for purchase one hour prior to shows. This event is sponsored in part by Turner through its signature corporate philanthropy program, Turner Voices, which invests in community arts and culture and youth development.
The 2019 lineup includes:
- “Ghoti” – By Ottilie Murray
- “Regina” – By John Pruner
- “Yokomeshi: A Meal Eaten Sideways” – By Dorothy Melander-Dayton
- The Little Wren and Her Magical Arts – By Erica Frank
- My Day – By Britnay Ferguson
- Under the Sea with Dredgie McGee – By Matthew McGee
- Dragonfire – By Jennifer Himes
- Haunting the Wrong House – By Therese Aun and Lorna Gentry
- Figment – By Jessica Mendel
May 16-19, show times are:Thursday-Saturday: 8 p.m., Sunday: 5 p.m.
Center for Puppetry Arts, 1404 Spring Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30309. XPT is presented in the Downstairs Theater.
Tickets prices vary and are available for purchase online or by calling 404.873.3391. Tickets include admission to the performance and the Worlds of Puppetry Museum (with the largest collection of Jim Henson puppets and artifacts in the world as well as a Global Gallery). A beer and wine bar will be open one hour before the performance.