Cumberland Island Adventure Weekend
REI invites you to camp with us this winter at the beautiful Cumberland Island National Seashore. Located on the southeast coast of Georgia, Cumberland Island is home to expansive salt marshes, tidal estuaries, an abundance of wildlife, 300 year-old live oaks draped in Spanish moss, and 17 miles of pristine protected beaches. We will book a private ferry to Cumberland Island and reserve your campsite at Sea Camp, located in a maritime forest next to the beach. We will also take care of all your meals so leave your camp cooking equipment at home! Just bring your basic camping gear and weather appropriate clothing to enjoy this amazing weekend. Are you a novice to camping? That's ok! REI staff will help you with your camp setup. This is a rare opportunity to connect with nature at its most pristine! "REI coordinated the most amazing experience for us at Cumberland Island," one camper said. "My husband and I returned home with a renewed love of the outdoors, a pledge to do more camping ... and a steadfast loyalty from here on out for REI. ... All the staff proved to be gracious hosts who thought of every detail. The itinerary was perfection, the food was stellar, and the drink ... was a super generous touch. This trip far exceeded our expectations and we feel honored to have been a part of it." Space is limited--sign up today! The price listed is per person. Photo by Milton Bell.
- Explore the 50 miles of trails that meander through maritime forests and salt marshes
- Enjoy all of your mouth watering, gourmet meals cooked by REI staff including local BBQ pork and a low country boil
- Drink delicious wine from Coppola Winery and craft beer from Terrapin Brewery
- Take a guided tour of the Dungeness Historic Area led by a park ranger
- Witness a breathtaking sunrise on a beach located near your campsite
- Spend the night roasting s'mores by the fire or stargazing on the beach